community-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop Summit 2016 dates
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2016 14:44:42 GMT
Mark,
  Yahoo and Hortonworks have been running Hadoop Summits continually since
2008. There is absolutely no one on trademarks@hadoop.apache.org that
doesn't know about them. Furthermore, Hadoop Summit is very Apache focused
using a diverse program committee, free meet ups around the event, and it
is the only professional Hadoop conference that provided all 130 Hadoop
committers free access this year.

 I remind the Hadoop Summit organizers each year to send concom and the
Linux Foundation the dates as they are planned. I believe they did, but I'm
not watching those lists. I didn't know that you wanted the dates here as
well and I rectified that when I realized it. You probably also want to put
in the dates for Hadoop World, which is organized by O'Reily.

.. Owen