community-dev mailing list archives

From "Alagarswamy, Uma" <ualagarsw...@csc.com>
Subject Process to upgrade ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:41:08 GMT
Hi

We are in the process of upgrading Active MQ components in our product from 5.6 to 5.12, when
we copied all the latest bundles and trying to use system we have come across some problems.
We would like to understand if there is any authentic way to upgrade that tells what code
changes needs to be done when migrating from a version to another? Or is there any information
available out there that tells what code changes are required to be compatible. Upgrading
directly by copying the latest bundles and then testing the system to see if it breaks and
fix as it goes is like gambling to me.  I am looking for some knowledge base with the process
that I could follow to ensure and assure my upgrade went well.

Thanks
Uma Alagarswamy
CSC

No 180 Capital Towers, Dr. M.G.R. Salai, Nungambakkam ,Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034, India
t +91 (0) 44 3038 4553 |m +91-9841726972 | ualagarswamy@csc.com  | www.csc.com

Computer Sciences Corporation India Private Limited - 7th Floor, Block 1B, DLF IT Park, Sivaji
Garden, Moonlight Stop, Nandambakkam Post, Ramapuram, Chennai - 600 089, Tamil Nadu. Registered
in India, CIN: U60231TN1996PTC070000. CSC - This is a PRIVATE message - If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake
in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any
order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative
expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.