community-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache/Linux foundation outreach?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 23:40:06 GMT
Well, please ignore the rest of this email (it wasn't meant to be CCed
here). But the following
part still stands as a good question for this crowd:

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <shaposhnik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> By the way I wanted to reach out to people who are working on building open source
communities
>> to see if they would be interested in attending devrelcon.com. I was wondering if
the Apache Foundation,
>> Linux Foundation, or other groups that you know would be willing to have Community
sponsor status
>> (with logos and such on our site and signage) in exchange for sending out an email
to its list about
>> devrelcon.com.

Thoughts on something like devrelcon.com? Since I'm local to the SF
Bay Area I can
volunteer as a speaker. A question that I don't know the answer to is:
whether ASF
has ever considered to be a 'media sponsor', etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Roman.