community-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Localizing + blogging about ComDev to encourage regional participation
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 20:48:56 GMT
Hello Uli + team ComDev --I hope you are all well.

A quick heads-up that I was contacted by Luke Han [1], who is seeking to find ways to help
him spread the word about Apache in China.

I pointed him to the ComDev pages, and he's interested in translating them, as well as possibly
posting some entries on blogs.apache.org that can serve as resources for the region (and elsewhere
as appropriate).

So my questions are:

1) any objections to the translation of http://community.apache.org/

2) I presume we'll work with Infra to have a link to the localized pages (IIRC, https://translate.apache.org/
may be terminated/discontinued?)

3) if the above is acceptable, are you OK with specific, non-English, blog entries being posted
about the concepts/topics in community.apache.org?

Thanks so much for this!

-Sally

[1]  VP, Apache Kylin https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces85

+ copying Ross, Rich, and David on this to close the loop on some informal communications
on this.
= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656
gvox +1 646 598 4616