community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Apache/Linux foundation outreach?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 00:47:07 GMT
Roman Shaposhnik wrote on 3/24/16 7:40 PM:
> Well, please ignore the rest of this email (it wasn't meant to be CCed
> here). But the following
> part still stands as a good question for this crowd:

Well, if there aren't gonna be yummy crepes, the answer is probably no.
8->

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <shaposhnik@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> By the way I wanted to reach out to people who are working on building open source
communities
>>> to see if they would be interested in attending devrelcon.com. I was wondering
if the Apache Foundation,
>>> Linux Foundation, or other groups that you know would be willing to have Community
sponsor status
>>> (with logos and such on our site and signage) in exchange for sending out an
email to its list about
>>> devrelcon.com.
>
> Thoughts on something like devrelcon.com? Since I'm local to the SF
> Bay Area I can
> volunteer as a speaker. A question that I don't know the answer to is:
> whether ASF
> has ever considered to be a 'media sponsor', etc.

Why would we provide our brand as a sponsor to a third party event that
is not directly providing education or track content about specific
Apache projects?

Honest question: I'm curious to see what people think about it.  If
folks have good answers for this, but haven't read our event branding
policy, you should (since it's somewhat related):

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events

- Shane