community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOSDEM follow up: Apache speakers at European events requested
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 09:24:34 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> ...Quite a few people stopped at the Apache table at FOSDEM to ask if we can
> send a speaker to this or that European event...

The best is for those people to ask here, with specifics about their
event: where and when, how many people they expect, is that a
well-known recurring event, are costs covered etc..basically any
information that helps convince potential speakers that it's a good
investment of their time.

I suppose http://www.apache.org/travel/ could help cover travel costs
if needed and if we determine that the event is important enough, but
I 'm not sure if that's been done in the past.

-Bertrand