community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guiding volunteers
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 17:22:50 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Ross Gardler <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> ...Before we go deep and technical in tooling, I think we should put a list together
> that *this* community would like to see....

Maybe I missed something but I haven't seen people looking at doing
comdev stuff, the requests I have seen are from people who want to be
involved in our projects at the code level.

So from this angle IMO what we can do at the comdev level is encourage
projects to advertise their help wanted tasks, and maybe suggest a way
of doing that that provides some foundation-wide consistency.

At the simplest we could just suggest that interested projects provide
a "help wanted" link on their website front page, as part of our
website guidelines.

-Bertrand