community-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: ApacheCon CFP review committee
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:49:09 GMT

> On 18 Feb 2016, at 07:52, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Rich, I only got access to review ApacheCon (formerly Core) submissions; no
>> the Big Data ones.
>
> Same here (I think). If we find  big data talk submitted to core should we a)
> ask them to be moved to big data OR b) reject them. Seem to recall we had
> this issue last time as well.

I’ve reviewed a couple of submissions and saw quite a few that should be moved
to BigData. So far, I’ve rejected them and added a “move to big data” as
category. I hope that somebody “behind the scenes” is willing and able to
move these proposals to the right conference track. It would be a shame if
proposals are rejected because they’re submitted to the incorrect
conference…

BTW: am I the only one that is missing out on a comment field to add
additional comments why I want to accept or reject a proposal?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00