community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: ASF GSoC mentor eligibility
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 20:47:37 GMT
Hi Paulo,
Thank you for your interest in becoming a GSoC mentor.  Someone will get back to you shortly
with the answers to your questions.
Have a great day,
~MelissaExecutive AssistantASF

      From: Paulo Motta <pauloricardomg@gmail.com>
 To: dev@community.apache.org
 Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:01 PM
 Subject: ASF GSoC mentor eligibility

Hello,

I'm a community member and active contributor of an Apache project and I'd
like to volunteer to be a GSoC mentor this year. However, I'm not currently
an ASF committer or member.

I'd like to clarify if GSoC mentoring is strictly restricted to ASF
committers or can non-committers also volunteer to be mentors or co-mentors?

ps: I'm sending to this list as I didn't find a clear answer on
https://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html.

Thanks,

Paulo