community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: FOSDEM
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 09:00:23 GMT
I second this. Thanks to everyone who was at the table! Some reflections on my own experience:

* We got many positive responses to the ASF story and the stories of those few projects that
were present.
* Lots of people asked about Apache Mesos, that wasn't represented.
* All the swag was gone. And would've been gone on day one if we hadn't rationed it. Need
more for the next year.
* Quite a lot of people haven't heard about Apache at all (I guess mostly young people).
* Another big group of people only knows "Apache the HTTPD server". I thought with Hadoop
and other big projects here this should not longer be the case.

I'll send a separate email on a few contacts that we made.

Andrus