community-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Help Wanted! (it's a title, not a request!)
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2016 16:13:41 GMT
I like!

One suggestion that does not add complexity, but just a little bit of
text. Try to quantify the Difficulty levels. Is "Journeyman" harder or
easier than "Intermediate"? Similarly, how do "Advanced" and "Expert"
compare? I suggest fewer Difficulty options, with a one sentence
explanation of each.

Here is a quick suggestion for a three level system:

Beginner: Can do very simple tasks in the language.

Intermediate: Can write complete programs using the main features.

Expert: Knows most, if not all, features of the language and can apply
them to solve difficult problems.

It does not really matter that much what the levels are, as long as
everyone using Help Wanted has the same understanding.