community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] FOSDEM
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 21:09:52 GMT
Exactly! Although I can't speak from experience from FOSDEM, I can speak from experience from
ApacheCons and OSCON!! ;)
      From: Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
 To: dev@community.apache.org
 Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:07 PM
 Subject: Re: [UPDATE] FOSDEM

On 12/15/2015 04:39 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> FOSDEM is a bit chaotic (in a good sense) by nature, so I don't think we
> need to really allocate hours to projects. If you wish, sure we can; but
> we might also be happy being there as one group, that's the fun part of it.

My experience has always been that if you don't assign/schedule hours,
then it'll end up being one or two people that staff the entire event,
with everyone else assuming someone else had it covered. And, yes, that
has happened to me at FOSDEM as much as anywhere else. There's always 6
other places to be, and if someone isn't on a schedule, they have
nothing to tie them to it.

http://apachecon.com/- @apachecon