community-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Liu <t...@microsoft.com>
Subject 答复: Forming a community of Apache fans in China - Apache China Community
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2015 00:51:00 GMT
Hi Roman, As far as I know of, GSoC had been organized by CSDN, one of the largest IT online
media in China and which is also one of the core founding members of KAIYUANSHE. But due to
resource issue, it stopped doing so. I'm not sure what will be next to GSoC but can ask around.

Ted
________________________________
发件人: Roman Shaposhnik<mailto:roman@shaposhnik.org>
发送时间: ‎2015/‎11/‎22 2:43
收件人: ComDev<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
抄送: niclas@hedhman.org<mailto:niclas@hedhman.org>
主题: Re: Forming a community of Apache fans in China - Apache China Community

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Lei Chang <chang.lei.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are about 5 million college graduates each year in China, and i think there is
> a great potential to increase the number of contributors from Apache
> community in China.

Speaking of which: do you know what's the status of Google Summer
of Code in China? If this is something we can leverage, perhaps
a good approach would be to invest in bilingual mentors to
tap into that student potential.

> Developing an Apache community in China needs some pioneers to get
> together, discuss, directs and organize the meetups, conferences. It would
> be very helpful to have a formal Apache community project set up to work on
> this.

If you're asking for a place -- ComDev is a perfect place for that. Please use
ComDev mailing lists, wiki, website, etc.

If you're asking for local events -- you'd have to be the one telling us what
makes sense and how can we help (send speakers, send stickers, etc., etc.).

Thanks,
Roman.