community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject ApacheCon CFP
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:55:07 GMT
As most of you have no doubt seen, the CFP is now open for ApacheCon
North America. The timeline for the CFP is as follows:

CFP Close: February 12, 2016
CFP Notifications: February 29, 2016
Schedule Announced: March 3, 2016

Thus, around February, I'm going to be looking for people who are
willing to be part of a content committee to help us select the talks
for this event. I will also be looking for help in the following areas:

* Getting the word out about the CFP outside of the apache committers.
Spread the word to your company, your meetup groups, your fishing
buddies, and your chrorale. We want talks from more than the Usual Suspects.

* Getting the word out about the event itself, so that people can get on
their manager's budget far enough in advance.

* People who know and love Vancouver to help tell the story about all
the extra-Apache reasons why people should come to ApacheCon.

* Keynote suggestions and personal contacts. (Yes, we'd like to have
Harrison Ford keynote, but unless you know him personally, or know how
we can get in touch, it's not a helpful suggestion.)

* And, of course, you need to get your talk submissions in so that we
can have a stellar lineup of talks.

Come hang out on #apachecon on irc.freenode.net if you want to make
suggestions, help out in any way, or just enjoy our company.

See you in Vancouver!

-Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon