community-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisse...@geomatys.com>
Subject Re: Spatial session at Apache: Big Data North America - Call for interest
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 20:50:37 GMT
As an item that could be on the agenda of a spatial session at Apache
Big Data conference, I would like to know which kind of services Apache
projects would expect from a geospatial library. Apache Spatial
Information System (SIS) is currently providing spatial metadata objects
modelled according the OGC/ISO international standard, and coordinate
transformation services (including but not limited to map projections -
still under development). This is still the basis of a geospatial
library, but this relatively early stage is an opportunity for other
projects to influence the direction that SIS will take. Does anyone
would like to discuss their needs?

    Martin

Le 06/11/15 15:03, George Percivall a écrit :
> This a call for interest for in a spatial data session at Apache: Big Data North America.
>
> Spatial data is big data - multiple Apache projects address spatial data.  This proposed
session seeks coordination of spatial information implementations across Apache projects.
  Several Apache projects are implementing geospatial functionalities and there is an opportunity
to discuss approaches.   One opportunity is to consider the use of open standards to increase
interoperability and code reuse.  Relevant standards include ISO 19115 for geospatial metadata.
OGC standards include Simple Features, coordinate reference systems and WKT, GeoSPARQL. coverages
and DGGS.