community-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisse...@geomatys.com>
Subject Re: Spatial session at Apache: Big Data North America - Call for interest
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:58:06 GMT
Thanks George, I think that such session would be very welcome! In the
last ApacheConf meetings I got the feeling that some Apache projects
were starting work on geospatial data, but not all of them were aware of
existing standards and the risk of underestimating the challenges of
geospatial applications.

I do not know yet if I could attend to this ApacheConf (May 9th to 12 in
Vancouver), but if I have a chance for sure I will not miss the session!

    Martin

Le 06/11/15 15:03, George Percivall a écrit :
> This a call for interest for in a spatial data session at Apache: Big Data North America.
>
> Spatial data is big data - multiple Apache projects address spatial data.  This proposed
session seeks coordination of spatial information implementations across Apache projects.
  Several Apache projects are implementing geospatial functionalities and there is an opportunity
to discuss approaches.   One opportunity is to consider the use of open standards to increase
interoperability and code reuse.  Relevant standards include ISO 19115 for geospatial metadata.
OGC standards include Simple Features, coordinate reference systems and WKT, GeoSPARQL. coverages
and DGGS.