community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Is there an "official" Apache Way presentation?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 16:26:18 GMT

On 11/03/2015 11:04 AM, druggeri@primary.net wrote:
> Hi, all;
>     As mentioned a long while back, I'm putting together content for a
> potential class about open source at the local university. As a primer
> for the class, I'll be giving a talk on Thursday and I would like to
> include a "The Apache Way" presentation. I've seen lots of these, but
> they have all been different with the speakers' own flare added. I know
> that Nick put together his presentation at ACNA2015 with input from
> several others' [1], but I'm not aware of a "canonical" presentation.
> Does such a thing exist? Should such a thing exist?
>
> If the respective answers are no and yes, I'll be happy to produce a
> deck for the talk on Thursday and put it in the slide store [2].
>
> Other thoughts/comments welcome
>
> [1]
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/TheApacheWay15.pdf
>
> [2] https://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html

What has typically happened is that people pass versions around, so that
there are many many forks of the presentation floating about. Mine is in
Git at
https://github.com/rbowen/presentations/blob/master/apache_way/slides.md
and online at http://boxofclue.com/presentations/apache_way/

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon