community-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Apache Software Foundation Projects and DevOps
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:54:01 GMT
More specifically, it is the exception rather than the rule that theASF infrastructure actually
directly deploys the latest software writtenby Apache projects, so no there's really no devops
being practicedin that way.
The infra team itself, as has been mentioned by others, has adopteddevops principles, but
I suspect that's not the question you are interestedin.

     On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:56 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
wrote:

 Hi,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 9:38 PM, Akond Rahman <aarahman@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> ...If I understood correctly, then I think the Apache Software Foundation, as
> an organization have not adopted DevOps principles...

More precisely, our infrastructure team does work in a devops way with
lots of programmable infrastructure.

On the other hand the Foundation strives to interfere as little as
possible with the technical aspects of its projects, so we don't have
guidelines or standards regarding devops principles for our projects,
each Project Management Committee can work as they want.

-Bertrand