community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Fwd: Re: FOSDEM 2016 - Call for Participation
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:12:27 GMT
Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> just wanted to let you guys know that I've just submitted
> a proposal for Big Data and Data Science devroom for
> FOSDEM.

Good!

> Not sure how to increase our chances of being accepted,
> but would love any feedback on that.

Both booths/stands and devrooms are accepted (or rejected) directly by
the FOSDEM organizers, with (as far as I know) no way to influence the
decision. But organizers prefer to see devrooms that focus on one topic
rather than one software and that gather similar projects.

Acceptance of a stand and/or a devroom for the same project are
independent. So a stand for OpenOffice is unrelated to a devroom for ODF
Editors. And a stand for Apache is unrelated to a devroom for Big Data
projects. And different Apache projects can show up in different
devrooms since they apply to different areas.

I'm going to submit a proposal for an ODF Editors devroom too, similar
to http://s.apache.org/ved (the one we sent last year).

Regards,
   Andrea.