community-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: OpenSource.com and promoting Apache
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 19:28:11 GMT

Hi Rich:

I’d like to write an article on behalf of Apache River.  Probably not this month, but sometime
in the future.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

> On Sep 17, 2015, at 2:22 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> At the risk of repeating myself ...
>
> I recently posted this to the committers list:
>
> ===================
>
> Several months ago I mentioned that OpenSource.com is looking for content for a monthly
series on the ASF's projects. With 166 TLPs, it seems that we'd be able to produce content
for at least ten years of articles.

> Please let me know if you're interested in running an article on your project, and I'll
get you on the list. You can, if you like, write the article yourself, or, if you prefer,
I'd be willing to do a feathercast-style interview with you (see http://feathercast.apache.org/
if you're not familiar with Feathercast) about your project, something exciting in your community,
or some interesting use that your project has been put to.

> I wonder if I could get a few volunteers here to do interviews about:
>
> * What the heck is your project?
> * What's exciting in version whatever.next of your project?
> * What cool things is InterestingCompany doing with your project?
>
> I would be glad to do the editing/transcript/writeup of these topics and put together
these articles. I figure if I pace myself at 1 a month, I can keep up.