community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Fwd: Re: FOSDEM 2016 - Call for Participation
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:08:46 GMT
On 28/09/2015 RA Stehmann wrote:
> as promised Mechtilde and I will join the Apache booth (stand) team at
> FOSDEM 2016.

So you think it's better not to apply (additionally) as OpenOffice? We
don't have any assurance that the ASF will be granted a stand, and
OpenOffice has always been granted one for years.

> It's a great pleasure for us, that the greater Apache Community joins
> FOSDEM with a booth.

I was assuming/understanding that we would have sent both the OpenOffice
request (highly likely to be approved; but less important) and the ASF
request (new, so less likely; but more important). And that, if both
were approved, we would merge the tables, or if one was approved we
would share the table.

So no doubt we would all be together, in any case; I thought we would
try and maximize the chance of getting a presence.

It appears Daniel has already sent a request on behalf on the ASF
(deadline is in November) but I haven't seen it at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/FOSDEM+2016 or on the
lists, so I have no idea about the contents. I just want to be sure that
the ASF at large, and OpenOffice as part of it, get a presence under
whatever name; and that we maximize our chances to be at FOSDEM.

Regards,
   Andrea.