community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOSDEM 2016 - Call for Participation
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2015 23:52:41 GMT
On 25/09/2015 Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 09/25/2015 09:11 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
>> I've just seen this call for participation at FOSDEM and I know we
>> talked about getting more of an Apache presence there.
>> https://fosdem.org/2016/news/2015-09-24-call-for-participation/
> Indeedy, I was notified by FOSDEM staff about this, and will note that
> the ASF has formally requested a stand at FOSDEM 2016.

That was fast! I had committed to inform this list when I would see  the
calls, but you were faster. Deadline is 13 November but it does not
matter if you already applied.

> Depending on the number of projects that are interested in a presence at
> FOSDEM, we'll likely do a rotation, so that each project get N hours

OpenOffice has traditionally had an own stand/booth at FOSDEM and, as
clarified since the beginning of this thread, it may ask for one
independently, as it has always done. That said, if both stands are
granted we might ask to have them placed next to each other so as to
share space more effectively.

Regards,
   Andrea.