community-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenSource.com and promoting Apache
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 08:02:05 GMT
On 17/09/2015 20:22, Rich Bowen wrote:
> At the risk of repeating myself ...
>
> I recently posted this to the committers list:
>
> ===================
>
> Several months ago I mentioned that OpenSource.com is looking for
> content for a monthly series on the ASF's projects. With 166 TLPs, it
> seems that we'd be able to produce content for at least ten years of
> articles.
>
> Please let me know if you're interested in running an article on your
> project, and I'll get you on the list. You can, if you like, write the
> article yourself, or, if you prefer, I'd be willing to do a
> feathercast-style interview with you (see
> http://feathercast.apache.org/ if you're not familiar with
> Feathercast) about your project, something exciting in your community,
> or some interesting use that your project has been put to.
>
> ================
>
> I wonder if I could get a few volunteers here to do interviews about:
>
> * What the heck is your project?
> * What's exciting in version whatever.next of your project?
> * What cool things is InterestingCompany doing with your project?
>
> I would be glad to do the editing/transcript/writeup of these topics
> and put together these articles. I figure if I pace myself at 1 a
> month, I can keep up.
>
> Anybody?

Hi Rich,
I did subscribe to the first call at OpenSource.com but I've missed the
opportunity of producing any content so far; nevertheless, I am still
interested in saying something (hopefully useful) about Open Source
Identity Management and Apache Syncope.

Your proposal of "feathercast-style interview" sounds attractive, so, if
possible, please count me in.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò