community-dev mailing list archives

From Victor NOËL <victor.n...@linagora.com>
Subject RE: Moving Apache Extras
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 15:24:06 GMT
Hi,

I come in a bit late on the discussion (I hope I won't break the mail
threading, I don't have a message to answer to…).
We were discussing the subject on camel-users and I was wondering if you
were aware of the very problematic behaviour of SourceForge?

I am referring to the following story with the Gimp project:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/08/gimp_dumps_sourceforge_over_dodgy_ads_and_installer/

Basically, they started putting adware and spyware in installers of
opensource projects without their consent.
After Gimp removed themselves from SourceForge, they continued by
impersonating them, see:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2015-May/msg00097.html
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2015-May/msg00098.html

Do we really want apache extra to be hosted by an organisation like that?

Just my 2cents… sorry for arriving so late in the discussion.

Victor
--

Vous utilisez la version libre et gratuite d'OBM, développée et
supportée par Linagora.