community-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ACEU Presentation Template - OWN GOAL
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 17:00:33 GMT
I did remind myself at OSCON 2015.

And I have not delivered a template for ApacheCon Europe.

That will not happen.

I trust all speakers have already found appropriate means.  Anything toward having a reusable
templated would be great.

My effort is "dormant" (inside joke).

My apologies for waiting so long before saying anything.

I promise to do better.

What I will do to have a different result is put reminders on a calendar where I will notice
them, and enough time before a deliverable that I can ask for changes for enough in advance
for something to be done about it.

I have done that now for ApacheConNA in Vancouver, BC, on May 9-13, 2016 (practically in my
backyard).  My promise is to have a slide template by March 9, 2016.  I will start working
on it by February 9, 2016 (which should be time enough even to overdo it although I am after
the least that is basically useful).

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 09:18
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: ACEU Presentation Template

Truly back at the same venue?  <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe>.
 The hotel that gave rise to an Apache Project (incubating).  Great!

Wow, the logo with just "ApacheCon Europe" over the feather is great.  Much easier to customize
that one just once for Europe, and just once for North America.  It also appears that many
of the slide used had more simplicity of backgrounds.

That I can handle, with backgrounds and venue information separately customizable.

Remind me at OSCON if I haven't done it already.

 - Dennis