community-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Grace Hopper talk
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 02:17:16 GMT
I think Grace Hopper would have thought open-source development to be great.  She had a serious
populist streak that would have resonated.

I'm not so certain she would admire a certain lack of discipline, but we might never know.
 She was not into complexification at all.

This reminds me that I did know her in person, to the extent she knew me by name and wrote
me a great at-a-boy letter once.  I promised someone, while at the ACM Turing Centennial event
to talk about that at a Seattle event and neither of us followed up about it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Billie Rinaldi [mailto:billie@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:15
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Grace Hopper talk

Hi ComDev,

I wanted to let you know that I've volunteered to give a talk on getting
involved with open source at the ASF for the upcoming Grace Hopper
Conference (http://gracehopper.anitaborg.org).  I was excited to hear the
conference has an entire track on open source this year.  Hopefully we will
get some new people interested in the ASF!

Billie