community-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Quick Apache "developer community" profile
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 06:46:00 GMT
Stefan, please stop making a fool of you.
This list is literally read by 10 thousands of great developers and HR people of big companies
across the world. And all those mails get archived in dozen of sites for the next 30 years
or so (nabble, markmail, etc).

You got quite a few answers already over at general@incubator and pointers that your ‚JavaX‘
does
*) totally violate the Trademarks of a small firm called ‚Oracle‘
*) lots of devs don’t need even more pet languages. Otherwise you _would_ have gotten a
lot of answers.
*) your approach to ‚get‘ a community is pretty aggressive. ASF is not about ‚getting‘
a community i is all about BUILDING a community. And this requires certain forms of well behaved
communication.

You seem to be very young, so it’s not too late yet to turn into a valuable community member,
but please reflect on how your mails come across for a second (or rather a few days).

LieGrue,
strub