community-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Flosdorf <aflosd...@ahinstitute.com>
Subject Storm / Heron
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:41:35 GMT
Hello -

In the past 18 months, our organization has undertaken a project utilizing Apache Storm.
However, we've recently learned that Twitter has replaced Storm with Heron.

Are there any resources that discuss this transition by Twitter in the context of Apache's
plans to continue to develop and utilize Storm? Will the transition by Twitter likely lead
to the discontinuation of Storm over time?

Any resources to which you could point that describe the discussion would be helpful.

Thank you,
Andy

Andy Flosdorf, MPH
612.412.1588  | aflosdorf@ahinstitute.com  |  www.ahinstitute.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01D0DBFD.F794B030]           [cid:image002.jpg@01D0DBFD.F794B030]      [cid:image003.png@01D0DBFD.F794B030]

Vice President of Technology
Advanced Health Institute
Woodlake Centre Building
6625 Lyndale Ave, Ste 300
Richfield, MN 55423

Direct: 612.412.1588
Ofc: 952.767.4911 | Fax: 952.487.0149
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained
in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission
in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone at (952) 767-4911,
and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
to disk.