community-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: What is the legal basis for enforcing release policies at ASF?
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 00:38:57 GMT

On 8/20/15, 5:27 PM, "William A Rowe Jr" <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

>It is generally AL code all the time.  I don't know where you invented a
>'kick-in' concept, but unless the committers are violating their
>ICLA/CCLA,
>nothing could be further from the truth.

Committers sometimes make mistakes.  IIRC, Justin recently caught a
mistake where some files accidentally got their non-AL headers replaced
with AL headers.

Large codebase contributions, especially initial podling code grants might
be messy as well until scrubbed and approved for an official ASF release.
I know from experience.

-Alex