community-dev mailing list archives

From Márk Módly <mm.szer...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache virtual host security
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 18:46:02 GMT
Hi,

I am pretty new to apache mod development so please be gentle with me.
English is not my native language either so in andvance sorry for my
mistakes.

A few weeks ago I ran into the problem that virtual host are not that
separated, as I thought. The most common problem is that the different
virtualhosts are not chrotted, so I checked some workarounds, but so far I
did not really found a good solution. Today came the idea to me, that I
would really try to DO something for this community First of all are my
informations up-to date that this problem is not solved? (Separating
virtual hosts, [source problem: one VH could reach other files, than the
config alloved].)
If I am right and it is still an issue, my idea is the folloving:
Create an apache file handler and, if the file, that the subprocess would
like to reach is out of the "range" it will return with a file handler
error.

I wonder if it is possible, or what the opinion is about this idea.

Thanks in advice:
mark