community-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slack
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 20:01:48 GMT
I use slack for work.  The Apache Mahout project has been using it as well.

There is a huge danger of off-list discussions that go unreported (as with
IRC, but seemingly more so because of a better interface and easier access
to one-on-one conversations). The problem is not the tool itself or the
people, it is just the social drift that happens and which must be
forcefully counter-acted.