community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Apache MeetUps listing page is out of date
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:45:21 GMT
It's overstating it to say it's almost all automated. But there are some small and important
steps towards this. We are, I believe, at the point that the WebApp I've been building is
more functional than the script Rich originally wrote. But there is still work to do before
it's all automated. Folks interested in helping with the code should start at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/comdev/tools/readme.md?revision=1693230&view=markup

I'm awaiting a VM being created for ComDev that can run Docker (we already have the VM and
we could just install the Django dependencies and run it from there, but I like the simplicity
of Docker).

Melissa, in term so f how you can help see your email where you are in a thread in which I've
given access to an instance running on one of my machines, for testing purposes.

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2015 5:56 AM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache MeetUps listing page is out of date

On 07/23/2015 12:25 PM, missywarnkin wrote:

> Rich, teach me how to do this, and I can start doing it if you'd like.
> ~M

Ross has been working on this tool to make it more user friendly, and I believe he's got it
at a place where we can hand it off to someone. I haven't yet had a chance to look at what
he's put together, but as I understand it it's almost all automated now. I was going to try
to switch over to his tool this week. Perhaps we can get him to give us both a tutorial.

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com - @rbowen http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon