community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is the legal basis for enforcing release policies at ASF?
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:29:47 GMT
Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On the other hand, somebody taking said snapshot and releasing it under the
> name Project BOO, licensed under the ALv2. Is something that both the ALv2
> license AND our trademark policy are totally fine with.

What if (not a fictional example; a real case) the code is taken from a
branch that comes from a recent code donation and source headers are
still in the process of being updated to comply with the donation?
Waiting for that code to be included in a formal release for sure solves
the problem. But if one doesn't want to wait, I wouldn't know what to
suggest.

Regards,
   Andrea.