community-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Apache Velocity for Producing Document
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 23:03:55 GMT
Hi,

I made a google search and found some articles on Stack Overflow : [1] and this one : [2]

(this one mentions another non Apache java framework called docx4j ).[3]

What about investing some time doing some quick prototypes to get a feeling of the options
?

Neither poi nor docx4j seem to be templating engines but you can use them to create documents
programatically and you might be able to define your own rules for generating documents from
templates.

Antoine

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16264247/create-document-from-dotx-template-with-apache-poi-hwpf
[2] http://www.smartjava.org/content/create-complex-word-docx-documents-programatically-docx4j