community-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Subscriber
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 23:36:08 GMT
Hi Ravindra,

It's great that you want to contribute. The way it works is this: try to
find a project that is of interest to in a field that you are passionate
about. That will both make you happier and you're likely to produce
results of higher quality. There are large number of successful projects
small and large in a number of fields, written in various languages
(including Java).

Interact with that community, contribute, ask questions, maybe ask
somebody to help and mentor you. You'll do great. It takes time and
practice to get better at like (like in any other endeavour).

Good luck!
Hadrian