community-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Why is Apache program material on my phone
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 05:24:33 GMT
On 7/13/2015 10:58 PM, Scott Williams wrote:
> Ive noticed apache software used in my program history. I dont understand
> why its there for the first I ever heard of it was the other day. How did
> it come to be pn my for and why would it be there?  Does this confirm that
> someone has gained unauthorized access to my phone? Please can you give me
> some insight and if you need anymore insight from me just let me know

What kind of phone are you using, where exactly are you seeing this
evidence, and which of the many Apache software projects are you seeing?

Since we don't have that information, it is extremely difficult to make
any concrete assessment, but there is one thing that comes to mind:
There is a java library in the Apache "httpcomponents" project called
HttpClient.  A very large number of Android apps need to connect to
remote webservers, and this library offers app developers a very robust
and easy way to do this.

https://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/android-port.html

If your phone is not Android and/or it's not the httpclient library that
you're seeing, then please give us as much detail as you can about what
you are seeing.

Thanks,
Shawn