community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [ASSISTANCE NEEDED] for OSCON
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2015 01:02:12 GMT
Here's to your successful surgery and speedy recovery, Melissa!

Wishing you the best,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Melissa Warnkin" <missywarnkin@yahoo.com>
To: "Members - Apache" <members@apache.org>, "Dev" <dev@community.apache.org>
Subject: [ASSISTANCE NEEDED] for OSCON
Date: Fri, Jul 10, 2015 20:21

Good evening and Happy Friday!!

Due to medical reasons, I am unable to attend OSCON and "woman the booth"; therefore,  I am
in need of someone that can replace me as the booth coordinator.

Crucial dates:

Exhibitor Move-in:  Monday, July 20th, from 8:00 - 5:00; Tuesday, the 21st, from 8:00 - Noon
Expo Hall Hours:  Tuesday, the 21st, from 5:00 - 6:00 for the opening reception; Wednesday,
the 22nd, from 10:00 am - 4:30 and the booth crawl is from 5:40 - 7:00.

Exhibitor Move-out:  Thursday, the 23rd, from 5:00 - 9:00pm; Friday, the 24th, from 8:00 -
Noon

Job responsibility:
Set up and tear down the booth (an hour (tops) of work, if that, on both ends)
Keep the table supplied with the giveaways (all boxes will be in the booth, so all you have
to do is open them and set the items on the counter! And this year I have a new hanging banner
to replace the honking 8'x8' monster wall banner that took two people to assemble!!)
Coordinate with the others that have volunteered their time to assist with booth duty so that
someone is at the booth at all timesMingle, network, and have fun!!!Eat, drink, and be merry!
What's in it for you, you might ask?!:
The pleasure of replacing me! ;) LOLIf you agree to be the coordinator and fulfill the roles
as described above, The ASF will cover your travel and expenses, which also includes the hotel
and expo hall registration, which allows you to attend all the evening events and lunches.Please
get back to me with your interest ASAP so that I can make the necessary arrangements.  Local
folks strongly preferred (naturally) due to the lateness of this notice, and this offer does
not apply to International folks (sorry - you all know that I love you, but we can't justify
that expense!).

Your help is greatly appreciated.  I was just informed yesterday that I have to go in for
surgery on the 22nd, hence the very late notice.

I already have several folks lined up for booth duty; however, they are attending OSCON with
their day job, and so their main responsiblities are with their companies.

Please get back to me ASAP if you are able to help!!

Thank you so much!

~M