community-dev mailing list archives

From <sam.mo...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Query on memory leaks in Tomcat 7.0.50
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:59:08 GMT
Hello Mike,
  I tried sending it but the email bounced back.

Could you please help me here?

Regards,
Sam Mohan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kienenberger [mailto:mkienenb@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 7:23 PM
To: Sam Mohan (WT01 - Global Media & Telecom)
Cc: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query on memory leaks in Tomcat 7.0.50

You will want to resend this message to users@tomcat.apache.org.

See this web page for complete instructions:

http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:30 AM,  <sam.mohan@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hello team,
>    We are currently using Apache Tomcat 7.0.50 deployed with multiple web application
instances and where we are trying to fix some of the Bugs in the catalina.out which appears
severe. Two of those are as below.

> *         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks SEVERE:
The web application [/app_name] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [class name] (value
[class name]) and a value of type [classname] (value [classname@4b188d84]) but failed to remove
it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try
and avoid a probable memory leak.

> *         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc SEVERE: The
web application [/app_name] registered the JDBC driver [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver] but
failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the
JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

> We have really seen many solutions to these errors above in various communities, blogs
and FAQ sessions, but are trying to find

> 1.       Why are these happening to be preceise?
>
> 2.       Are these considered severe and needs to be fixed , for sure?
>
> 3.       How can we resolve , or work around these with some Apache Tomcat configurations?
We have tried many in context.xml, web.xml, server.xml etc, but couldn't succeed.

> 4.       In the worst case, if at any case these can be hidden from catalina.out, how
can we do that?

> Kindly help us here. Any help would be appreciated and accepted.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Sam Mohan.
of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
www.wipro.com