community-dev mailing list archives

From <sam.mo...@wipro.com>
Subject Query on memory leaks in Tomcat 7.0.50
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:30:55 GMT
Hello team,
   We are currently using Apache Tomcat 7.0.50 deployed with multiple web application instances
and where we are trying to fix some of the Bugs in the catalina.out which appears severe.
Two of those are as below.

*         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks SEVERE:
The web application [/app_name] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [class name] (value
[class name]) and a value of type [classname] (value [classname@4b188d84]) but failed to remove
it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try
and avoid a probable memory leak.

*         org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc SEVERE: The web
application [/app_name] registered the JDBC driver [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver] but failed
to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC
Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

We have really seen many solutions to these errors above in various communities, blogs and
FAQ sessions, but are trying to find

1.       Why are these happening to be preceise?

2.       Are these considered severe and needs to be fixed , for sure?

3.       How can we resolve , or work around these with some Apache Tomcat configurations?
We have tried many in context.xml, web.xml, server.xml etc, but couldn't succeed.

4.       In the worst case, if at any case these can be hidden from catalina.out, how can
we do that?

Kindly help us here. Any help would be appreciated and accepted.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sam Mohan.
of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
www.wipro.com