community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject Get meetups script
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 03:06:59 GMT
I just had a play with Rich's get meetup script and it works beautifully. I have my plans for
making it even more useful but I'm not promising to deliver just in case I don't find the
time to do so. However, as a first step I have made a couple of contributions to the development
tooling.

1)      There is now a Docker container for those of us who prefer Docker based development

2)      I've moved the script into a sub-directory as some of my plans will work better that
way, it might look a bit wasteful at this point though

My first plan is to change the data from flat files written to disk to a data structure that
we can persist to disk and thus we can crowdsource the editing of false positives (as well
as allow people to add events that are not in meetup.com). Again, I don't promise to deliver
- only to have fun when have time ;-)

Ross

@rgardler<http://twitter.com/rgardler>