community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Hosting Searchable Release Specific Documentation
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:10:18 GMT
Hi All,

Can I get some advice on how projects deal with hosting release specific documentation? In
addition to the CMS and Wiki, I am exploring alternatives which have a good search built-in.
I preciously came across ASF projects hosting documentation on read the docs [1] and floss
manuals [2] (sorry I could not trace all the links of projects using them, but [3] and [4]
are examples). I read the thread on github pages [5], but it did not have a conclusive end.

I am looking for something immediate, any suggestions please? It will be great if there is
a precedence so we could just refer or even better plagiarize the scripts or approaches.

Thanks,
Suresh

[1] - https://readthedocs.org/ <https://readthedocs.org/>
[2] - http://en.flossmanuals.net/ <http://en.flossmanuals.net/>