community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Better specifying the scope of our Code of Conduct
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:55:19 GMT

On 06/30/2015 07:23 AM, jan i wrote:
> Maybe I am a bad reader, but I read it as apacheCON CORE is not covered and
> surely apache big data
> (which is a "pure" LF managed event), because the space is managed by LF. I
> would like to see it "applied to"
> and not only "expect to be honered" for  all apache events including
> apacheCON.

LF has a code of conduct. It's shorter than ours, and probably more
easily enforceable because it covers a very limited time and space,
whereas ours covers the known universe and all time.

If someone behaves badly at ApacheCon, we (actually, LF) can throw them
out the door and ask them not to come back next time.

If someone behaves badly at the ASF, how do we enforce? This is yet to
be determined.

If you wish to apply our CoC to ApacheCon, we need to be very clear with
LF as to what that means, specifically, and we also need to take
responsibility for that enforcement. As it stands now, we rely on LF to
enforce their CoC, when we report incidents to them. I'm not actually
sure we want to take that over from them, but it's certainly worth
discussing.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon