community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fw: Is https://projects-new.apache.org/ ready for prime time?
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2015 13:48:22 GMT

On 2015-06-21 02:45, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> for me, the new site is ready: there is of course room for improvements, but
> it is stable and maintainable, waiting for contributions
>
> notice: I changed the wording to stop using "TLP", but use "Committee"
> instead, since TLP cause issues when trying to describe each projects (the
> software) as TLP or sub-projects
>

> when doing the switch, we'll need to rename current site as projects-
> old.apache.org: there is some content to migrate (DOAP, documentation)
> associated to communication with projects on the changes that has to be
> decoupled from public vizualisation. I'll continue working on it.
>
> There one choice to do: continue serving the pages from current VM or serve
> through standard resilient httpds. The VM is useful for cron jobs, but is not
> absolutely necessary for serving content since I removed online content
> editing that caused the VM requirement for content serving AFAIK. Using
> standard httpd will avoid SPOF or eventual load issue.
What do you mean by 'standard httpd'? It already uses...standard httpd
for serving the site.
The cron jobs are needed for updating various statistics and data on the
site, they can't just be shut off - they also power reporter.apache.org.

I think the site is ready for a more prominent role, but I find this
discussion confusing, and I find it somewhat sad that we're gonna stick
with something as arcane as DOAP.

With regards,
Daniel.