community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Apache meetups in the coming week
Date Sat, 30 May 2015 17:38:29 GMT
Melissa is tasked with consolidating and maintaining calendars. I'll put it on our weekly agenda
and figure out out.

In the meantime told like these will make it a viable task.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Rich Bowen<mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>
Sent: ‎5/‎30/‎2015 8:59 AM
To: dev@community.apache.org<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Apache meetups in the coming week

On May 30, 2015 8:06 AM, "Nick Burch" <nick@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 2015, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>
>> Anyways, my question is, do you folks think that this would be a useful
service to provide to the community - to put this list somewhere each week.
Perhaps this list, perhaps somewhere more prominent like on
apache.org/events for example.

> events.apache.org is another place it could go. That pulls in stuff from
the shared calendar, and could also pull in stuff from Lanyrd as well if we
wanted. (I find there's some but not complete overlap between Meetup and
Lanyrd)

Which brings us back to an earlier conversation. We have got to figure out
how to consolidate all these calendars into an authoritative place. Or at
least sync between them.