community-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Presentation selections for ACEU 2015 Budapest.
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:59:55 GMT

> On Apr 20, 2015, at 10:43 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Rereading today's threads about ACEU 2015, made me realize that I have been
> unclear.
>
> For ACEU 2015, intention is to use the following outline:
>
> 1) LF define the theme(s) for the conference
> 2) CFP open officially with announcement(s) defining the content wanted
> 3) CFP closes and LF selects talks and only ask for advice if needed.
> 4) LF makes and publishes the schedule

This is inline with what my thoughts are as well. Fwiw, I think

1) We have *way* too many tracks at ApacheCon NA (not sure about EU, never had the opportunity
to attend one). Seeing 10-15 attendees at a talk is disheartening  :-/.

2) We have *way* too narrow scope of most talks (not all).

What I would personally like to see is focus on a theme, or particular technologies, and how
those affects and works with various Apache Foundation projects. A few example ideas that
(just randomly pulled out of my magic hat):

   1) HTTP/2 and Apache - Where are we going with the next gen Web protocols?
   2) TLS and Apache - Securing the internet the Apache way.
   3) Datamining your Apache data - How to get all your <X>, <Y> and <Z>
Apache projects data into <W> (Hadoop?)
   4) State of data transport - There are plenty of Apache projects dealing with data transports,
and some IETF work as well.

Just my $.01,

— Leif