community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: work with you
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:47:30 GMT
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please remember that communicating a 2-way street. Obliging the other party
> to comply doesn't help collaboration...

Not sure what you mean...English is the official language on our ASF
lists at the moment, that might be unfortunate but being able to
communicate reasonably in English (or having someone who can help
translate) is a requirement to participate in our projects at the
moment.

Of course you could imagine someone speaking a specific language finds
a mentor who speaks that language and communicates directly with them
but those communications wouldn't be visible to other project members,
which is not good.

-Bertrand