community-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Veto! Veto?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:41:06 GMT
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> If a project decides not to make a certain individual a committer, the Board
> *will not* step in to police that, as you say. It is the project's decision
> who will be a committer.

Right. At the same time if the hypothetical PMC repeatedly fails at fostering
the community by recognizing certain types of merit I will expect the board to
get involved at some point. But! It will expect it to get involved b/c
of the community
shepherding issue, not so much because a procedural guideline has
been violated.

I know this may be irritatingly nebulous (especially to folks who haven't been
around long enough to benefit from the ASF osmosis) but I feel this is
one the key things I *really* like about how ASF is governed.

Thanks,
Roman.