community-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: What's the ideal job title for somebody who is payed to help ASF communities grow?
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 00:24:44 GMT
On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
<Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Also note, a linked in profile or resume is about the individual. It's not an official
 job title.
> Then re-read my original reply.

Now we're just debating semantics. Seriously -- what do you think
'official job tile' is these days? It is whatever you and your boss agree
you can have on your public profile in such a way that it is beneficial
to the company and employee at the same time.

It most definitely NOT whatever that field happens to be in your corporate
HR database ('cuz in places like IBM it would be something like MTS VPS SPS
and who would want that to be on anything public?).

Thanks,
Roman.