community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheCon] Scheduling help, pass 2
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:54:05 GMT
I'm working on ensuring it will be an excellent talk. My concern will be erased if I can talk
Chris Douglas (Hadoop PMC Chair) to participate ;-)

I'll share the abstract for review.

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:46 PM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ApacheCon] Scheduling help, pass 2

On 03/11/2015 04:53 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> Oh, that was my case study session. That's not so easy to replace.
>
> I do have a session from the HD insight team here at MS which would focus on Hadoop on
Linux on Azure and our experience working with the ASF and the Hadoop ecosystem specifically.
(HD Insight is Microsofts Hadoop based big data service). I'm a little concerned about just
dropping that in given that it might appear self-serving.

> Am I being too cautious?

Probably. ;-)

Do you think it will be an excellent talk, that people will want to (pay to, travel to) attend?
That's really the only thing I'm concerned about.

--Rich

> Ross

here will be at ApacheCon to organize a tooling BoF on Cordova with some colleagues in a number
of other companies (Adobe currently being confirmed). I'll get an abstract out of him to consider
along with any others the track chair would like.

>> For the "Big Data; Big Picture" one which is it that has been cancelled? I'll find
the replacement for that.

> Looks like it was "Letters from the Trenches: Behind the scenes with Hive at Yahoo: Mithun
Radhakrishnan"

and one in "Mobile"

>> If you have any insight into any of these areas, please let me know
>> what
>> talk(s) you think we should swap in for those missing talks. Just get in touch with
me and I'll send you what remains of the track, so that you know what we're working with.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com - @rbowen http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon