community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject Google Code shutting down Jan 2016
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 20:22:51 GMT
Today Google announced that Google Code will be shutting down Jan 25, 2016.

We need to create a replacement for Apache-extras. Can we please make sure that progress on
this is reported in the ComDev board report each quarter.

I suggest the starting point should be to expand discussions with SourceForge, they have offered
neighborhoods in the past. David, with his infra hat, has been exploring options for download
provision already (I'm not sure of the current status).

(and as a reminder, this is why we don't like to use services provided by external companies)

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation